Tirana dating

25-Mar-2018 15:41

A century later in 1583 the population had tripled reaching 20.000 inhabitants Modern Tirana was founded in 1614 by Sulejman Bargjini ‘Pasha’, a local ruler from Mullet who constructed a mosque, a bakery and a hamam (Turkish sauna).During this period, the Et'hem Bey Mosque, built by Molla Bey of Petrela, was constructed.Records of the first land registrations under the Ottomans in 1431-32 reveal that Tirana then consisted of 60 inhabited areas, with nearly 1000 houses and 7300 inhabitants.In 1510, Marin Barleti, an Albanian Catholic priest and scholar, in the biography of the Albanian national hero Skanderbeg, Historia de vita et gestis Scanderbegi Epirotarumprincipis (The story of life and deeds of Skanderbeg, the prince of Epirotes), referred to this area as a small village. The population of the city (2015)is slightly above 600.000 and the municipality of Tirana, has a total population of 800.000 people.

tirana dating-20tirana dating-62

A castle possibly called Tirkan or Theranda, whose remnants are found along Murat Toptani Street, was built by Emperor Justinian in 520 A. and restored by Ahmed Pasha Toptani in the 18th century.During the Balkan Wars, the town was temporarily occupied by the Serbian army and it took part in uprising of the villages led by Haxhi Qamili.In 1917, the first city outline was compiled by Austro-Hungarian architects.They were Vlachs from villages near Korçë and Pogradec, who settled around modern day Park on the Artificial Lake.They started to be known as the llacifac and were the first Christians to arrive after the creation of the town.

A castle possibly called Tirkan or Theranda, whose remnants are found along Murat Toptani Street, was built by Emperor Justinian in 520 A. and restored by Ahmed Pasha Toptani in the 18th century.

During the Balkan Wars, the town was temporarily occupied by the Serbian army and it took part in uprising of the villages led by Haxhi Qamili.

In 1917, the first city outline was compiled by Austro-Hungarian architects.

They were Vlachs from villages near Korçë and Pogradec, who settled around modern day Park on the Artificial Lake.

They started to be known as the llacifac and were the first Christians to arrive after the creation of the town.

It employed the best artisans in the country and was completed in 1821 by Molla's son Etëhem, who was also Sulejman Bargjini's grandnephew.